I really love the beach! My best, most memorable vacations are at the beach. I love the sand, the ocean, the relaxing, stress-free atmosphere. But, I also enjoy the food. Delicious seafood, fresh fruits and vegetables, and crisp, light flavors – all those things remind me of my beach vacations.
One of my favorite dinners is fish tacos. I love the light, flaky fish with a slightly spicy rub, creamy avocado, crunchy cabbage and creamy citrus sauce.
Fish Tacos with Lime Cilantro Cream Sauce
1 lb. white fish (like Mahi Mahi or Tilapia), cut into 1 inch strips
Any other Taco Toppings you like
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
1/4 c. vegetable oil
Lime Cilantro Cream Sauce:
1 c. Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 c. lime juice
Preheat oven to 350.
Place fish on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix together the ingredients for the seasoning. Rub seasoning onto fish (I used a spoon to smear it on, but you can use your fingers or a basting brush).
Bake at 350 for 10-12 min. Tilapia cooks very fast so keep an eye on it and do not over cook.
Assemble tacos. Corn tortillas are fragile so you can use two for each taco to make them more sturdy. Layer a few pieces of fish onto corn tortillas. Top with cabbage, avocado and any other toppings you like. Drizzle with lime cilantro cream sauce. Serve immediately.
I like to use Tilapia because it is cheaper, but Mahi Mahi is a firmer fish that is popular to use in fish tacos. If you use Tilapia, it will cook very fast and is easy to over cook so be careful.
Add a chopped jalapeno pepper to the Lime Cilantro Cream Sauce for an extra kick!
If you have picky eaters, substitute chicken for the fish and these tacos are still delicious!
Please consider sharing this recipe on your favorite social media site!
- 1 lb. white fish (like Mahi Mahi or Tilapia), cut into 1 inch strips
- Corn Tortillas
- Purple Cabbage
- Any other Taco Toppings you like
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- Lime Cilantro Cream Sauce:
- 1 c. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ c. lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place cut fish on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ingredients for the seasoning. Rub seasoning onto fish.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 min.
- Assemble tacos: Top corn tortillas with cabbage, avocado and any other toppings you like. Add the fish. Drizzle with lime cilantro cream sauce. Serve immediately.